Who is the MonaLisa Touch™ laser treatment for?
Candidates for the MonaLisa Touch™ vaginal laser treatment include the following:
- women who wish to avoid the risks associated with hormone replacement therapy (HRT).
- GSM or vaginal atrophy, vaginal dryness – usually menopausal
- dyspareunia (painful intercourse)
- a history of breast cancer, blood clots, or other contraindications to estrogen
- poor responders to estrogen treatment
- patients with the goal of returning to premenopausal health
What indications or symptoms can the MonaLisa TouchTM treat?
- painful sex (Dyspareunia)
- vaginal dryness and discomfort
- burning and vaginal itching
- weakness and laxity of the vaginal wall (looseness)
- recurrent urinary tract infections
- stress or Mild Urinary Incontinence
- frequent night time urination
There are very few contraindications for the MonaLisa Touch™. Laser treatment is not recommended for the following:
- undiagnosed vaginal or cervical lesions
- pregnancy or the 3 months following pregnancy
- a history of radiation to the vaginal or colo-rectal tissue